We had a magnificent November day in Minnewaska State Park with partly cloudy skies, temperatures in the low 50’s and no precipitation. With a change to a Half Marathon course we had over a 100 runner increase from last year. 315 people crossed the finish line and received their finisher glass.
I’d like to thank runners for participating, all the volunteers who gave their time without which we couldn’t put on a successful race, and of course Steve Schallenkamp the race director. It takes a lot of time and effort both behind the scenes and day of to put on a race. Luckily the Shawangunk Runners have a great group to make it possible.
Charlotte & Roger Kopp were out on the course taking pictures as well as Bob Kopac. I’m sure they’ll be working hard on looking through and touching up photos. I’ll get links posted as soon as they are ready so keep your eyes peeled for that. Another wonderful set of people who come out and spend their time to take pictures of our runners.
I had a few issues with the timing but have done my best. Please find the results here – Results
* If there are any corrections please email me and I’ll see what needs to be done.
Thank you once again and we look forward to the 2015 race season
After The Leaves Hallen Fallen Participants!
A few things about the race for this coming Sunday…
We have passed the 300 pre-registrant mark and the cap is 350!
1) Race starts at 11am
– Early start at 10:30am if you plan to finish in over 2:45
– Early starters please wear your bibs backwards so the numbers do not show
2) Registration starts at 9:30am
– Day of cost is $25
3) Minnewaska State Park opens at 9am
– There is a $8 fee per car
– Empire Passport is excepted
4) Parking space is limited.
– Arrive early!
– Car pool to save spaces and money
– Pre-registration to the race does not guarantee a parking spot.
– Once all parking spots are filled they close the park.
5) There will be shuttles running from the lower parking lot to the upper lot.
6) Water Stops (3)
– Intersection of Green & Black ~ 4.1 miles
– Castle Point ~ 8.5 miles
– Intersection of Blue & Red ~ 11.7 miles
Directions: Exit 18 off the NY State Thruway. Make left onto Route 299 and follow to
intersection with Route 44/55. Make right onto 44/55; continue approx. 5 miles to
Minnewaska State Park, on left.
Creg Cecere of Momentum Physical Therapy of New Paltz has written a nice little article previewing the upcoming After The Leaves Have Fallen Half Marathon.
Take a look and get a preview of what you have in store for Sunday.
Registrants will be receiving an email with final details later in the week.